Welcome to Michael's Wood Natural Burial Ground
Michael’s Wood is a beautiful 15 acre woodland burial ground
at the heart of the Cholderton Estate, an organic working farm
on the Hampshire Wiltshire border.
Michael’s Wood was planted in the late 1880’s in the heart of the Cholderton Estate by the Victorian entrepreneur and polymath Henry Charles Stephens.
Green Burial or Woodland Burial?
What exactly is a natural burial?
Why choose Michael's Wood?
- An environmentally friendly, cost effective alternative to traditional funerals, cemeteries and graveyards.
- All religions and cultures accommodated.
- Full burials, interment of ashes or scattering of ashes.
- Advance reservations available, for peace of mind.
- Choice of area or plot location that feels right for you.
If you would like to arrange a visit to Michael’s Wood we would be delighted to show you around.